Friday 6 April 2007

Air Ticket Booked!

Now the journey is absolutely fixed: We bought the air tickets! The 2500 Euro hit me hard but not unexpected. Except the first flight (to Kathmandu) I left all dates open. I will reserve them via e-mail. I hope that this will work...
Keyword hope: The visa to Australia is a very interesting thing. It is called ETA (electronic travel authority). It works approximately like this: You type in your credit card number, name, passport number, etc. When you have finished, the site tells you "Your payment has been authorised and your application for an ETA has been approved." and a lot of blah and you get a "reference number" - and that's it! The site also tells you that "You do not need a visa label in your passport." On the page you can also "Check Your ETA". When I do this it says that I am allowed to enter Australia. I hope that's true...

Rucksack status:
The first time I tried to pack my rucksack - and it worked! I took all the things I am going to take with me (packing list) and put them into my 50 + 10 liter rucksack. When I finished, it was not overflowing!

If you are wondering why I am writing in english: In a very intellectual moment I had the idea that I may get to know people in Singapore or Australia who do not speak German. So it would be very boring for them to read a blog that they do not understand. From then on I decidet to write the blog in english, even if my english is not eloquent and grammatical correct. But Leo, an Anglistics Studen, will hopefully help me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment