Friday 21 January 2011

Norwaaaaay!

Okay, I finally managed to scrap some time together to write this post :) Not that I'm so much into studying, but, let's say I never got bored (not even now!) and of course I wanted to wait for some interesting things to happen that I can write!

There are (too) many pictures from our New Year's Eve trip to Berlin. Well, in fact it's pictures from Berlin, not from New Year's Eve.

Maybe I should shortly describe (although most of you probably know) the overall plan:
Anja, Hermi and I are on Erasmus exchange studies in Scandinavia now. That offered the opportunity to get (t)here by car and add a few days of vacation previously. And that's exactly what we did!
Since we got a car here now Anja and I plan to do a big Scandinavia trip after the end of semester.

Right now I'm sitting in my student's flat, it's dark and cold outside :) Since it's Friday, I'm supposed to get drunk today… Here in Ås on campus, the place to have some beer is called "Samfunnet", and it's open every Wednesday and Friday. The Norwegian ritual of partying is as follows: Have a "Vorspiel" (yes, that's how they call it), that is, have some drinks before you go to the club because it's bloody expensive there. Expensive here means that 50 Norwegian Kroners (NOK) for 0.5l beer is the cheapest you can get. Try "50 NOK in EUR" in a search engine of your choice…
Many people are already really canned when they head for the club. Then, you spend a lot of money and do extreme par-taying within about 2 hours, because no one could afford being there longer.
When you go home and you think that wasn't enough, you can add a "Nachspiel"…

Enough of that. Most of the other exchange students haven't been here the last three weeks, since the "real" semester starts next Monday. Therefore I haven't met many people yet. Anyways, I accidentally got to know a student from my university who's even studying the same subject. I was walking around in the city center of Ås when I heard a voice behind me murmur "… he is from Austria!" So I turned around and answered: "Yes! How do you know?" "You're wearing Waldviertler!" she answered.
And that was the story of how I was recognized by my shoes.

Ok, I don't want to drown you in text. I'll try to add some short stories continuously. For now, check the snowy pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment