Tuesday 15 May 2007

Ho Chi Minh City

After our unplanned 5 days stop in Thailand, we finally arrived in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, yesterday.
The first thing we discovered was that the people here - in the majority of cases - drive on the RIGHT (yes, it is ambiguous) side of the street. I even used a seat belt the first time since Austria!
At the moment we have already shot some photos, but I will wait until there are some more different and interesting ones before I will upload them.
When Johannes took a photo of me in front of a "hammer and sickle" symbol, a smiling man showed up and stood beside me to be on the photo. After that, he took a fruit out of his bag, hit it with a big knife, put a straw (Strohhalm) into it and gave it to me. It was a coconut. I was paralyzed by his quickness so I could not refuse and had to buy it for 50.000 Dong (about 2,50 Euro). Anyway it tasted quite good.

About the money: 1 Euro is about 20.000 Dong. We withdrew about 50 Euro, so we are walking around with millions in our pockets ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment